msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] SAR conference planning tips for MSAR folks?

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: tm'-fi <TFinkle@erols.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] SAR conference planning tips for MSAR folks?
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 12:40:48 -0500

I believe that there may be plans to include a small scale MSAR camp that will be set up somewhere on the complex site during this year's NASAR annual conference in Virginia.  Rumor has it that a (highly respected) Mounted Search & Rescue Team from, the Mid-Atlantic region, will be hosting the display and providing a couple of mounted exercises.  If this rumor becomes reality, it will be an important milestone for the MSAR community.

Tomi' (TROT-2)
TROT Search & Rescue Mounted Team
State of Maryland

Una Smith wrote:

  My question concerns (eg) statewide and even national
SAR conferences, where the SAR organizers must negotiate with a
conference venue.  Consider NASAR's annual conferences;  usually
they are held at convention hotels.  No provision for SAR horses.
Apparently, it is even a Very Big Deal to obtain permissions to
bring SAR dogs;  horses are out of the question.

	Una Smith
	Santa Fe County Sheriff's Posse, in New Mexico