msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] SAR conference planning tips for MSAR folks?

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una@lanl.gov>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] SAR conference planning tips for MSAR folks?
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:08:39 -0700

billie patrick wrote:
>I put on numerous trainings per year.

We do that too, and we have full control over whether horses are
welcome. My question concerns (eg) statewide and even national
SAR conferences, where the SAR organizers must negotiate with a
conference venue. Consider NASAR's annual conferences; usually
they are held at convention hotels. No provision for SAR horses.
Apparently, it is even a Very Big Deal to obtain permissions to
bring SAR dogs; horses are out of the question.

Una Smith
Santa Fe County Sheriff's Posse, in New Mexico