msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Re: Training in Central Texas (Sarah Truelove)

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Deb8562@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org (Mounted search and rescue)
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Re: Training in Central Texas (Sarah Truelove)
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 14:54:00 -0500

TUMPOT= The United Mounted Peace Officers of Texas

I am a member of TUMPOT so my opinion is biased. I think they are great.
Their training is very intensive, exciting, fun and these folks are
professionals. I have yet to find anything about this group I do not like, or
that I would change.

On the shuttle disaster: Texas MSAR teams are not required to join an
organization like TUMPOT, so each individual team does their own thing. I do
believe that TUMPOT is trying to standardize Mounted Unit trainings, and they
do maintain a listing of the mounted units in Texas, that meet certain call
out criteria.

Hope this helps
Debbie