msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Identifying NASAR MSAR Instructors

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una@lanl.gov>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Identifying NASAR MSAR Instructors
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:25:37 -0600

Tomi wrote:
> The implementation of
>penalties and holding trainers and evaluators accountable for their
>professional actions and demeanor is in order, regardless of whose hat
>there are wearing.

This would be the ideal, if it were possible to implement,
but how to do so is not clear to me. Do you have specific
ideas?

In a highly distributed system such as we have for SAR, how
do you implement penalties? What would the penalties consist
of? Who would be responsible for holding instructors and
evaluators accountable, and determining who deserves penalty?

Una Smith
Santa Fe County Sheriff's Posse, in New Mexico