market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Germinating Spinach.. how about carrots?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: pech <pech9 AT rocketmail.com>, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Germinating Spinach.. how about carrots?
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 19:25:23 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know about carrots and this method, but this is the method I use to get carrots started.  It works really well.  I will be starting another round of carrots in 5-7 days depending on the weather.  This is a great use for old row cover. One can also use burlap.

http://highfarming.blogspot.com/2012/08/starting-fall-and-winter-carrots-in-heat.html

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas