market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] wasps

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Roots Farm <karen AT rootsfarm.info>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] wasps
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 15:08:04 -0400

This is great!  Wonder if it works for carpenter bees and hornets ........
Best wishes to all,
Karen

Roots Farm Organic Produce
Fruits, Roots, Vegetables & Herbs
Cochrane, DOMINICA
767-449-3038 (before 7 P.M.)

On May 30, 2012, at 2:17 PM, Carol Moss wrote:

We decided to try painting a carport ceiling a t'aint blue which can
be anywhere in the light blue/ light aqua color range. Wasps and dirt
dobbers will not build nests there because it fools them into seeing
sky or water. We have also noticed a lot less spider webs. This could
be done on eaves, porch ceilings and anywhere you have a flat wood
surface and anywhere you have a paintable surface where wasps like to
build. We were afraid of the color scheme but it looks great and adds
a caribbean feel although you can't see it from the street.
Carol Moss
Moss Gathers
Celina, TX 75009