market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] wasps

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Carol Moss <mossgathers AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] wasps
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 13:17:42 -0500

We decided to try painting a carport ceiling a t'aint blue which can
be anywhere in the light blue/ light aqua color range. Wasps and dirt
dobbers will not build nests there because it fools them into seeing
sky or water. We have also noticed a lot less spider webs. This could
be done on eaves, porch ceilings and anywhere you have a flat wood
surface and anywhere you have a paintable surface where wasps like to
build. We were afraid of the color scheme but it looks great and adds
a caribbean feel although you can't see it from the street.
Carol Moss
Moss Gathers
Celina, TX 75009