market-farming - [Market-farming] Paint to deter wasps, does it work on birds?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Barking Cat Farm <barkingcatfarm AT mindspring.com>
  • To: Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Paint to deter wasps, does it work on birds?
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 16:50:38 -0500

Great tip, Carol. Do you know if this works for barn swallows? They return
several times every year to build a nest on our back porch, and we are trying
to encourage them to build in a more agreeable location for everybody. We've
boarded off the eaves, so there is no ledge for them, but they can still try
to build on the flush boards.

We love the birds, and welcome seeing the flight lessons they give the
fledglings off of our roof each season as well as their insecting talent, but
not the constant dive-bombing and mess as we step out the back door. And
they have many more suitable places to nest in the area. Anybody know if the
paint works for birds?

Laurie Bostic
Barking Cat Farm
Heath, Texas
barkingcatfarm AT mindspring.com
www.barkingcatfarm.com
http://www.facebook.com/barkingcatfarm
https://twitter.com/#!/barkingcatfarm

  • [Market-farming] Paint to deter wasps, does it work on birds?, Barking Cat Farm, 05/30/2012