market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Flea Beetle Control:Parasitic Nematodes, Steinernema feltiae

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Bill & Izabella" <pureprairiefarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Flea Beetle Control:Parasitic Nematodes, Steinernema feltiae
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 21:55:45 -0500

Allan,

My experience shows insects to be a phosphorus deficiency.

Organically we don't have a quick phosphorus.  I use a phosphoric
acid based product.

If you want to see for yourself how this works, find some soda pop
with phosphoric acid in it and mix 8 oz to one gal of water and foliar
feed.  Do not add anything else (kelp, molasses, etc).  Phosphoric
acid is 85% phosphate.  Most soda has citric acid so read the label carefully.

Works for Japanese beetles and even slugs on lettuce.

Bruce Tainio figured this out in 1988 and it works beautifully.  It works
by changing the pH of the plant sap.  I can explain more if you are curious.

Bill