market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Par-Cel leaf celery

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HERBKDR AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Par-Cel leaf celery
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 12:20:42 -0400 (EDT)

We've been growing "cutting celery" for years for use in our herb seasoning blends.  It dries beautifully in the microwave.  Place two sheets of paper towel in the microwave, place the washed, rinsed and patted dry "celery" and covere with two more sheets of paper towel.  Microwave at 50% power for about 3 minutes or until dry.  Store in an airtight container.  It's great for use in soups and stews!

I harvest just like I do with my parsley...from the bottom of the stem and near the outside of the plant.  This allows for new growth in the center.  Never harvest just the "leaf!"  I sow new seed each year.

Karin Rasmussen
Herb'n Renewal
www.herbnrenewal.com