market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] For those who have built tunnels using Johnny'shoops bender

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Etienne Goyer <etienne AT lejardinduvillage.ca>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] For those who have built tunnels using Johnny'shoops bender
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 17:50:14 -0500

Hello Mr. Shoemaker,

The hipboard is a pretty good idea. I also like the idea of using wiggle wire. Hopefully, I would be able to get the plastic taut enough that sagging from rain accumulation would not be a problem.

I will have to reconsider hoops spacing. I plan on removing the plastic over the winter (we measure snowfall in feet around here). But still, the tunnels is fully exposed to the wind. It would certainly be safer to have closer hoops.

Again, thanks a lot for the insights (Beth and MAsteveIN too!)

Etienne