market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] For those who have built tunnels usingJohnny'shoops bender

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "MAsteveINE" <MAsteveINE AT 207me.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] For those who have built tunnels usingJohnny'shoops bender
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 17:29:42 -0500

I can think of several good reasons for doing 6 - 35 footers in stead of 2 at 100; not
the least of which is that when you are in the middle you are 50 feet from a door to
tote and fetch stuff in and out. AND no matter what the size The building, my pick-up
would ALWAYS be on the wrong end.

You are correct that venting will be easier on short buildings, especially if you get the
ends so they will open all the way at the top

Six foot spacing should work for high tunnels when used as originally designed which
plans for the cover to blow of a couple times a year. The intention was that the cover
would not be attached to the frame so that neither would be seriously damaged when
it happens.

The nut crusher comes when you hang a bountiful crop of tomatoes in there, I am thinking
some 2 x 4 legs under that purlin will help.

MAsteveINE