market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] sweet potato wholesale pricing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: rob AT songberry.ca, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] sweet potato wholesale pricing
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 07:42:03 -0700 (PDT)

Yesterday at market, a big outfit was selling sweet potatoes, in a 25 pound box for $6.00.  That is  25 cents a pound.  They were small ones, long ones, broken ones, etc.  No wonder I could sell my big ones for $1.25 a pound.

Rob, I agree with you. I wonder how much produce is wasted in this world. I know at our farm it is either sold, consumed, processed or given away to people who can and will use it.  We try not to waste anything.

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas
www.jaysjellies.com