market-farming - [Market-farming] dealing with the brand loyalty

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "MAsteveINE" <MAsteveINE AT 207me.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] dealing with the brand loyalty
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 20:44:31 -0400

If you were a moderate size resteraunt operator most any place in the country

where you buy your groceries, produce, or meats, equipment etc, would not be

just a price/quality matter.

Just find a local guy who wants to sell something and

start doing a bit of busines, before it grows to far the big guy on the block is going to

sit with you and explain that if you want what he has, and want the decent prices,

and the discounts for prompt payment; you will do your business with him and no

more messing around with JohnnyLocal.

In the west my brother and I were comfronted by the rep from the big guy who wanted

to know why we wanted our money to go to the  (produce guys whose relegious

headquarters was at Salt Lake ) brother promptly showed him the door.

Here in the east there was an equipment supplier who had money in just about

every food service business in the area, since we had not bought from him while building we got

nothing very usefull from anyone beholding to him.

 The trouble I have had with restarurants is that despite all the talk of paying extra for local grown quality the bottom line always wins in the end and they buy on the cheap whenever they can. The only restaruants to pay better prices usually last only a year or two before going under... Bob.