market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] oriental eggplant

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] oriental eggplant
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 17:34:50 -0500

>From grocery stores, I get $.80/lb for both "regular" and oriental
eggplant. About 35lb in banana boxes. Demand for "regular" is only
fair. Demand for oriental is very poor. At farmers markets, $1 each
or 4 for $3 for both types. Demand for both at farmers markets is very
low. I plant about 10% as much eggplant as okra, zucchini, tomatoes,
or peppers. I spend more time trying to sell the eggplant. And throw
more of it away. Bah! Humbug! :-)

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime 51 days 8 hours 50 minutes