market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] oriental eggplant

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <clearviewfarm AT bluefrog.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] oriental eggplant
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 11:31:16 -0700

At the beginning of the season (when no one else had it at the markets I go to), I charged $3/lb. and $4/lb. for regular globe and Asian eggplant, respectively.  Yesterday, I charged $2.50 and $3, respectively.  I am getting lots of Asian now, so I may need to lower the price more and/or pursue my other market options.
I look at what other stores are charging, how eager people are to get it (demand) and how much I have (supply) to decide on a price.  I spend a fair bit of time telling people how to use it.  Recipes help, too.

Kurt Forman
Clearview Farm
Palmyra, NY 14522