market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] How bad are those farmalls

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] How bad are those farmalls
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 10:07:14 -0500

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 09:21:10AM -0400, Lova Andriamanjay wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have trouble finding efficient and reliable employ?es for cultivation
> tasks
> so I am eyeing for an offset tractor. Since money is tight I was looking at
> farmall super A or Cubs. However, a relative of mine told me I should forget
> any gas tractor because they are not reliable at all. I am pretty s?re many
> of

I would not want a gasoline tractor unless I had no alternative. With
a good battery, a diesel is almost certain to start no matter how long
it has been sitting. No spark electrics, simple and reliable fuel
delivery. And, the fuel is a lubricant; much less engine wear.

I have an IH274, I think it is, it's about 20 years old and I've had it
6-8 years. Made by Iseki. I think they also made them for Kuboto
about the same time.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime 23 days 1 hours 21 minutes