market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] How bad are those farmalls

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Barking Cat Farm <barkingcatfarm AT mindspring.com>
  • To: Lova Andriamanjay <lova.andriamanjay AT gmail.com>, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] How bad are those farmalls
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 10:18:16 -0500

I suggest asking him what in particular he finds unreliable about gas tractors in general. I think as long as they are maintained properly, they will work just fine. Proper winterization, for instance, is a must, as well as regular oil changes, proper greasing, etc.  As an owner of two "vintage" Ford gassers from the 1950s, I must say the best advice I have received is to work them regularly to keep them in good working order. Both of our old gals run and work great well into their 60's.

Laurie
NE TX - will it ever be cool or rain again?!