market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Old Drip Tape

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Barking Cat Farm <barkingcatfarm AT mindspring.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Old Drip Tape
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 11:14:19 -0500

On Jun 5, 2011, at 9:27 AM, Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net> wrote:

> Spent way too much time last year trying to patch some
> tape that had too many holes.

This method of patching small driptape leaks was one of the most valuable
things we learned last year. Just to add one small thing to Rivka's excellent
description, we use yellow electrical tape for our patches. It all costs the
same, regardless of color, and the contrasting color lets us see quickly when
it's time to replace a heavily patched section.

Laurie in NE TX, where summer is here with a vengeance