market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] side-dressing garlic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pam Twin Oaks <pam AT twinoaks.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] side-dressing garlic
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 11:44:45 -0400

Etienne and others: Right, different situations in different places. As I said "Garlic plants make vegetative growth till the daylight
length exceeds something like 13 hours, *and* the soil temperature exceed 60F." When I lived in England, garlic wasn't ready till September. I guess it took that long for the soil to warm up. Both parts are important - day length and soil temperature.

Pam, Twin Oaks, central Virginia, where we've had 98F already.

  • Re: [Market-farming] side-dressing garlic, Pam Twin Oaks, 06/05/2011