market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Sowing clover

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Robinson <rrobinson AT nasw.org>
  • To: <thamnophis AT gmail.com>, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Sowing clover
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 09:14:31 -0400

On 5/16/2011 at 9:11:05 AM, Thamnophis wrote:
> I'm going to try to use white (dutch) clover between my rows this summer. It
> is such a fine seed though - I'm not sure how to sow it evenly. Anyone have
> any suggestions or tips to do so?

I've never tried this, but I'd be tempted to try getting one of those homeowner el cheapo drop spreaders used for lawns (I find them at the dump a lot), closing it up almost all the way, and letting the seed fall through the tiny openings.

 Richard Robinson
 www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/
 Hopestill Farm
 www.hopestill.com