market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] lime powder application

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] lime powder application
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 17:59:27 -0700

When I apply lime I always get it in pelleted form. It resembles 10-10-10
fertilizer and can easily be spun on with a cheap 3pt. spinner spreader
without making a dust storm. After the first rain the pellets melt into the
soil. I also use a custom application service. They apply lime with spinner
or sometimes a large boom equiped vehicle we call a floater since it has
massive balloon tires that don't compact the soil... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.