market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Grower's Association

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Thamnophis <thamnophis AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Grower's Association
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 10:12:58 -0600

Just attended a session on growers cooperatives yesterday. I learned
that coops are notoriously difficult to establish and manage if
certain guidelines aren't followed. And, as someone mentioned, the
quality of those involved, in particular the leadership.

There is a very successful example in Eau Claire Wisconsin.

Here is a valuable link from IA State U Extension:

http://www.extension.org/cooperatives

Joe
Boone County, IA
5a