market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Grower's Association

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: John Ehrlich <johnkaty AT shaw.ca>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Grower's Association
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 06:52:13 -0800

Yes, I had a similar experience here with a Land Trust that set up a
cooperative. The Board of Directors had no farming experience (but thought
they did) and fruitless obsessions and ideas for grants became the norm (and
stupid meetings). Anyhow, it failed.

Luckily, we already owned the CSA before it started. Now we lease land
directly from the Land Trust, without the coop muddling things.

John
alderleafarm.com