market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] compact fluorescents for plant starting

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rob Wallbridge" <rob AT songberry.ca>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] compact fluorescents for plant starting
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 21:56:03 -0500

Hi Etienne,

I'd recommend keeping your eye on web classified in your area like Kijiji or
others. A month ago, I purchased a complete growlight system (3 4-foot
fluorescent fixtures, with a stand and shelving) that had been used for one
year, plus a MH fixture for $200. There's no bulb in the MH socket, and I
had to replace three tubes in the other, but the retail value of the
growlight system itself is over $500, and it took me 15 minutes to set it up
(with help from my 5-year-old). That was the best deal of about three
options listed in the space of a week. It seems like people get a hankering
to grow their own (whatever!) then quickly get disillusioned.

Good luck,
Rob

Rob Wallbridge
Songberry Organic Farm