market-farming - [Market-farming] Fwd: [COMFOOD:] We Need Your Voice: Please Take the Beginning Farmer Policy Survey Today!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Deb Taft <growbd AT aol.com>
  • To: lowerhudsoncraft AT googlegroups.com, wltfarmnet AT yahoogroups.com, Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Fwd: [COMFOOD:] We Need Your Voice: Please Take the Beginning Farmer Policy Survey Today!
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 20:58:40 -0500 (EST)

Data on the challenges faced by today’s young and beginning farmers is hard to come by.  That’s why the National Young Farmers’ Coalition, in partnership with the Greenhorns and Beginningfarmers.org, is conducting a national survey to understand what’s working for beginning farmers, what’s not, and what policies you'd like to see in the next Farm Bill.
The survey data will be used to identify the the needs of the next generation and to develop a beginning farmers’ policy platform.
The goal is 1,500 surveys—and we need your help to reach it: If you’re a farmer, please take the survey now—and afterwards, please send it to five farmer friends. Send the link far and wide: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NYFC
Surveys responses are due by April 1, 2011. Please direct any questions to Lindsey Lusher Shute, Lindsey AT youngfarmers.org.
--
Taylor Reid
Doctoral Candidate in Community Food & Agriculture, Michigan State University