market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] compact flourescents for plant starting

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Thamnophis <thamnophis AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] compact flourescents for plant starting
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 15:21:57 -0600

I understand the metal halide are the most efficient, and in a color
temp that seedlings will most readily utilize. They are very hot
though.

I'm curious - how large an area do you anticipate the $250 system will cover?

I'm not happy with the traditional 4 foot shop lights, but they are
$16 complete with 6500k bulbs.

Joe
Boone, IA
5a