market-farming - [Market-farming] Square up/broadband access

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Square up/broadband access
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 10:48:56 -0800

> Looks great, but the hesitation for some of us is we don't yet have phones
> with data plans, so don't know how much bandwidth we will have to buy.
> Their fees are no problem, but adding a $65/month phone plan to take
> credit
> cards does cause hesitation. We'd like to hear how much folks are actually
> paying for phone use. It looks like we could get just a data plan, but
> have
> no idea how much data I need. We finally got Tracfones this year, and
> haven't used the minimum voice minutes, so don't need a fancy phone plan.
> Unless, these phones are actually as fast as our cable modem and I dropped
> the cable and used the cell phone for computer access to. But I am on the
> internet via computer a lot.

>So this is my problem too. There are a million plans out there but....
What I really want is to be able to
buy a smartphone that will accept Squate One,
replace my landline and have an unlimited data plan when tethered to my
laptop. The plans are limited to 2 gigs......is that a lot? could I
still be the internet junkie that I am? Dial up has become
atrocious...want to be able to do Skype with my granddaughter in
Boston.....