market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Square up/broadband access

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <marketfarmshoptalk AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Square up/broadband access
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 14:38:49 -0500

Hey Folks, I'm away from my computer but wanted to jump in here. Be careful of Square--it's like PayPal disguised in more convenient clothing. I have many web/techy friends who are running into issues with them already, same issues as PayPal. Square will "hold" a certain amount of your money for up to 30 days, & without notification. It's random, just like PayPal. I think it needs to iron out some bugs before jumping on their bandwagon.

A better, even more convenient solution is through Venmo.com. Transactions actually take place through text msging so any phone that txts (not just smart phones) can do Venmo & it's FREE. All it takes is linking a debit/credit card/ bank acct to your phone. Customers can stand there in the market & txt you the money for their purchase. They will need a Venmo acct too so it will take some educating on your part to get your customers to use this service but I think it will prove so convenient they will THANK you for showing them this new service!

Liz Pike