market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] wrinkling butternut squash

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "cjmaness AT juno.com" <cjmaness AT juno.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] wrinkling butternut squash
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 14:58:21 GMT

Beth,
I don't have any butternuts in storage, but I do have acorns, and they are
starting to wrinkle, or shrivel up. I've eaten a few, but they just don't
taste as good as they did earlier. I don't know much about winter storage of
veggies, but I think I would have been better off growing Hubbard's, or one
of the other squash specifically for long term storage. I think butternuts
and acorns are good for about 3 months?

Carla,
Perkins, OK, where we are preparing to be snowed in. Again.

$65/Hr Job - 25 Openings
Part-Time job ($20-$65/hr). Requirements: Home Internet Access
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4d515a6822d0d1d8b65st04duc