market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Caution: Tractor scams

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Juli Hamilton <jhgardengal AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Caution: Tractor scams
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 13:03:59 +0000

 I don't post often on this listing, but read almost every day.  We almost got drawn in by an add almost identical, but for a John Deere 709.  Same price and almost same exact wording.  We became suspicious and checked many other states and found the exact same posting there.  I understand they will ship from location, but Craigslist warnings are pretty clear about scammers and it fit right in.  We were very happy that we decided to purchase locally.
It was just too good to be true.