market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Another question about bags

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Another question about bags
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 13:59:45 -0500

My take on cloth bags (and wood crates).

With the food safety issues involved with cloth and wood we are moving away from these items.  The writing is on the wall.  If not now, then in a couple years.  Anything we do...that is anything that we construct or new business that we build we assume that the Feds or State or some marketing group (like in California Leafy Greens Marketing or OPGMA here in Ohio) will do its best to shut down ANYTHING that helps transport pathogens.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855