market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Kale price restaurants

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Diane Kann <dianek59 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Kale price restaurants
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 21:24:41 -0500

We are getting $5/pound to restaurants here in central FL....we grow organically (not certified, though) so pricing might be different.  Our price is for green or red kale (don't currently grow lacinato for restaurants but would probably price about the same.)

Is anyone growing microgreens for restaurants?  I'd be interested in hearing pricing for them, too.  We have a steady market for them in our high end restaurants (not huge, but steady).

Thanks,
Diane K
Heart of Christmas Farms
http://hocfarms.com