market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] sowing onion seeds now?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] sowing onion seeds now?
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 06:22:06 -0400

Might also depend on the variety of onion. I think Olympic might overwinter, not sure. Buffalo did, but it's off the market.

On Sep 11, 2010, at 6:10 AM, idyllwild farm wrote:

Johnny's Seeds did it last year- seeded in October for following year (I think I saw it on their facebook page).
It would make things easier in the new year, but I'd want a site with extremely good weed control or it'll add to your work load in a different way.
Regards,
Mike
Idyllwild Farm