market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Anyone tried this?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Allan.Balliett" <allan.balliett AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Anyone tried this?
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 12:08:53 -0400

Allan

Does West Virginia compensate farmers who've lost crops to deer?

Bill
William H. Shoemaker

Bill - I know it sounds strange, but I don't really farm for money, (I farm for food for our CSA shareholders) so I haven't looked into that, nor have I heard of it. WV is very liberal on allowing farmers to kill deer on their property, though, but that is pretty much limited to the use of projectiles of some sort. I, frankly, do not have the time to sit in a deer blind every evening. I wish I did, of course, but I just don't have the time. -Allan in WV