market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Warm Fall

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Warm Fall
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 19:45:33 -0700 (PDT)

I am glad to hear that it may be a warm Fall I have 500 broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts and other fall crops to go out on Friday. They are talking about a cool down, cloudy and rainy this weekend and next week. I wanted to get them out 2-3 weeks ago, but that is when the "Gates of Hell" heat wave started to move in and stayed.

Some will go outside, some will go into movable high tunnels.  We will see what happens.

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas
www.jaysjellies.com