market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Now, Chefs Court Farmers for Best Ingredients - NYTimes.com

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Roots Farm & Karen Sutherland <rootsfarm AT cwdom.dm>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Now, Chefs Court Farmers for Best Ingredients - NYTimes.com
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 10:46:29 -0400

Thanks so much, Carla, Bill and Rivka,  Guess my sleuthing skills  are under par (and/or my trust in spelling overly exalted).

And to think spigariello is right there at Johnny's where it looks like a plant in and grow through summer variety.  I'm going to see how it likes the tropics.

Re sharing secrets, I'm with you, Rivka, and believe helping support/build a community of like-minded folks helps support/build individual chances of survival of all in the community, especially when outside forces profit from disunity and lack of power and our seeing each other as competitors instead of kin.  One reason I so love this list is the amazingly generous sharing of knowledge and wisdom (including that gained through mistakes).

My father operated a small business and was very free with doing favors and providing free services both as part of business and his personal life.  I asked him, as he neared death, did he ever regret this way of organizing his life.  He answered that just about every favor/service he had ever done had come back one way or the other, enriching his or someone else's life and that he wouldn't change this at all.

Best wishes to all,

Karen