market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Sources of organic fertilizer

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <clearviewfarm AT bluefrog.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Sources of organic fertilizer
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 16:09:15 -0700

If you have the ability and interest, you can print up recipes (even from the Internet) and hand them out at the markets to people who have no clue what to do with non-mainstream produce.  Many people I do that for are grateful for the ideas/direction the recipes provide.  You can also suggest that people do an Internet for kale recipes, etc. and let them do their own exploring.  When I see produce not moving off the table, I know it's time to get the recipes out!  I usually opt for simple to moderate difficulty recipes.

Kurt Forman
Clearview Farm
Palmyra, NY 14522