market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Sources of Organic Fertilizer

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Moyer <ramoyer AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Sources of Organic Fertilizer
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 19:20:53 -0400

Wyatt,
We use composted chicken litter, from a local source. Analysis is
3-3-2, plus 7% calcium, plus many trace minerals. Approved as organic
by QCS, who certifies some farms in our area. Cost is $24-26/ton,
delivered. Yes, this is tens, not hundreds per ton. We buy 25 tons
per truckload, for pasture, hayfield and rowcrops. For rowcrops, we
incorporate into soil before planting. Spread on our hayfield two
years ago, we doubled our tonnage of hay two years running, from a
single treatment.

Richard Moyer
SW VA