market-farming - [Market-farming] Late Blight help needed_ Please list the location of your late blight

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: mommagoose AT lycos.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Late Blight help needed_ Please list the location of your late blight
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 10:32:34 -0400 (EDT)

Hello , I think this is my first post here. Last year we were devistated
when we lost about 450 tomato plants to Late Blight. Now it seems we are
surrounded with it again. Please , when posting about the disease in your
area , will you tell us what that area is. State and County will suffice.
Also if you have a resistant variety, please post that too. I bought 4
greenhouses last Fall and have planted the bulk of this years tomato crop
inside . I am hoping I will get some ripe tomatoes this year. Bush Early
Girl and Viva Italia seemed to be the most resistant last year. The most
susceptable was the heirloom paste tomatoes. Amish Paste and Polish Linguisa.
Good Luck
Linda Dabulewicz
Harpursville, New York 13787