market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Weed Guard

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Weed Guard
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 17:50:30 EDT

I was planning on using some this year but had enough black left over that from last year that I didn't need to order any mulch this year, but I was planning on using my mulch layer to put it down.  The price is a little high but the clean up looks quite simple, just till in the ground.  I want to use it in our lettuce crops, retill and relay mulch every month or 6 weeks, saves doing what I'm doing today, lifting plastic mulch and getting rid of old product which is hard to get out of the planted holes.  I run a mower over the old crop and cut as short as I can and not get into the mulch and wrap it up in the mower.

Phil from Iowa.