market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] bermuda grass

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marty Kraft <martyk AT allspecies.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] bermuda grass
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 16:35:46 -0500

I cleaned an area about 30 X 50 feet by mowing very close, covering with cardboard boxes overlapped, then covering the whole works with 3 inches of straw. When i saw an occasional shoot coming through i pulled it and any rhizome that i could get. Then i covered the opening with cardboard and straw. I started about now and left it on the rest of the summer and fall. Now i have a fork that i go after any plants i find removing all rhizomes and leaving them on the concrete drive to cook in the sun.

Marty