market-farming - [Market-farming] bermuda grass

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Curtis Millsap <cmillsap1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] bermuda grass
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 13:25:32 -0700 (PDT)

Does anyone have good advice on bermuda grass removal/ killing?  I'm trying to help my brother, who is starting an urban farm, figure out how to wipe out a stand of bermuda so he can plant vegetables.  He is totally opposed to roundup, and that is the extent of the advice the extension has for him.   Hoping some creative thinker out there has come up with some great solution...  Or just anything that might work.
Thanks,
Curtis

Curtis and Sarah Millsap
Millsap Farm