market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] holding sweet potato slips

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] holding sweet potato slips
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 20:47:29 -0400

On May 13, 2010, at 8:30 PM, stonecirclefarm tds.net wrote:

My sweet potato slips arrived today. It has been cool and rainy all
week and I will not be able to get them in the ground for a while.
Should I put the slips in water? Put them somewhere cool? or warm?
Thanks.

-John

I would put them in water, somewhere moderately but not extremely warm, and where they'll get light at least some of the day.

Somebody else might know better than I do; but I've done that, and it worked.

-- Rivka; Finger Lakes NY, Zone 5 mostly (where planting is also on hold till it dries out)