market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] good mottos

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Nan Hildreth <NanHildreth AT riseup.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] good mottos
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 17:07:19 -0500

Yes, Kathryn, and the feed stores here are whining that they can't get seed.

Yes, we all feel that only five people think like us, but it's not true. The demographer says we are 1/4 of Americans, www.culturalcreatives.org That is, that 25% of us have rejected the values of the dominant culture and are building a new one. But we don't recognize each other, don't have a common vision, nor a common language. His encouraging vision is my favorite book.

Like gardening, culture change growth starts small. Sustainable ag is a six inch shoot ready to jump up when the weather is warm enough.

Until then, it is good to have my minority worldview validated by a chat like this every month or so.

Nan Hildreth, Houston 713-842-6643 NanHildreth AT riseup.net

It is impossible to tell when any of our endeavors will reach critical mass, suddenly creating change. - Paul Rogat Loeb in Soul of a Citizen

Before water turns to ice, it looks just the same as before. Then a few crystals form, and suddenly the whole system undergoes cataclysmic change. - Joanna Macy

Rather than occurring at a steady pace, evolution proceeds in fits and starts. - Stephen Jay Gould