market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] packaging

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marcy" <mlynnn AT wildblue.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] packaging
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 22:06:16 -0600

Kathryn – don’t forget these dry, hot Colorado winds though!  Another bad afternoon here – we’re SE Colo along the Arkansas River, but moved down here 11 years ago from Lafayette to find affordable land. Of course the customer base is all up there.  Still the views are great!

WSW winds shifted to NW and brought cold air in again.

To whoever was asking about fabric bags – I really wanted to order some last year, but we were going to do 2 sets and were prepacking bags.  In checking pricing I ran across an article talking about the issues with fabric bags and it really grossed me out.

We’re going to have CSA members pack their own at the distribution site this year, so I’m reconsidering but they’d be using their own bags every week.

Meanwhile I’m going to check the Buckhorn totes.

Thanks!
Marcy

SE COlo