market-farming - [Market-farming] transplant pricing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rob Wallbridge" <rob AT songberry.ca>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] transplant pricing
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 19:06:11 -0400

Hi all,

Our farmers' market starts this weekend, and I'm considering bringing along
some extra transplants to help fill the table and the cash apron. I'll
probably start with brassicas this week and follow with the more tender
plants (peppers, eggplant, tomatoes, cukes, squash) in the weeks to come.
Everything is started in 72-cell trays, so I'd be potting them up this week.

I'm hoping some of you will be willing to share pricing information and
format tips -- do you sell in singles, packs, combo packs? What do you
charge?

Thanks,
Rob -- whose own brassicas will be transplanted tomorrow, thunderstorms
willing!