market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Hakurei Turnips

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marcy" <mlynnn AT wildblue.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Hakurei Turnips
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 22:57:11 -0600

You should still have time for another planting before it gets too hot. I’m putting in some more here.  Actually switched to Oasis last year and we like them just as well. Better in spring or fall. We’ve only done late winter plantings inside. Try some though!

A neighbor with better soil (and fewer boys to pull and eat them along the way) grew his to baseball size last summer and they still weren’t woody or hot.

One of our favorites and our customers!

Marcy

SE Colo

84 today with winds almost that high…