market-farming - [Market-farming] Hakurei Turnips

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Hakurei Turnips
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 08:53:50 -0700 (PDT)

I planted a small area of these turnips in one of my high tunnels, just to try them out.  They are wonderful.  My kids are wanting to eat them. I suspect I won't be able to sell too many. I am going to plant more as soon as I can. I feel I have enough time to make it before it gets too hot.  My question is this, will these grow through the hot summer or are they a cool season (Spring and Fall/Winter) crop?  How do they do in a high tunnel for winter harvest?

Thanks,

Jay

Where the wind is back and the temperatures are up. Storms soon to follow.

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas
www.jaysjellies.com
http://highfarming.blogspot.com/