market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] How do you use plastic and watering systemstogether?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rob Wallbridge" <rob AT songberry.ca>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] How do you use plastic and watering systemstogether?
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 22:35:44 -0400

Hi Richard,

I'm having a hard time picturing how a line of drip tape would prevent the
plastic from contacting the soil. How flat, level, and firm are your beds?
How do you lay your plastic and drip tape?

I use a small mechanical mulch layer with a drip tape attachment that buries
the drip tape slightly below the soil surface as it lays the plastic.

If you were doing it by hand, you may want to create a slight "furrow" to
lay your drip tape in before laying the plastic, but I'll let someone with
more experience doing it by hand make a suggestion.

Rob Wallbridge
Songberry Organic Farm
24 Sixth Line, Bristol, QC J0X 1G0
email: rob AT songberry.ca
web: www.songberry.ca
facebook: become a fan of "Songberry Organic Farm"